ACADEMIC Degree Programs
Master of Acupuncture Studies Degree
Finding Your Path With Acupuncture
Discover the Won Institute
Complete a 3 year Full Time Master's Degree program
Take NCCAOM Board Exams
Become A Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac)
You've Completed Your Journey!
About the Program
As the only accredited acupuncture institution in the state of Pennsylvania, we educate future leading acupuncturists for a growing industry in integrative/alternative medicine. Since the program’s inception in 2005, our Master of Acupuncture Studies Degree has been one of the most successful programs at the Won Institute of Graduate Studies. Students enrolled in our accredited three-year Master’s Degree program gain a comprehensive understanding of Chinese Medical Theory and the ancient and modern uses of acupuncture. Rigorous academic instruction and early clinical exposure are hallmarks of our program. We pride ourselves on our diverse faculty, many of whom have been trained throughout the world. In preparing students for the profession, students are entitled to a discounted membership to the Association for Professional Acupuncture in Pennsylvania, and can attend Institute professional and continuing education forums at a discount.
Our Master of Acupuncture Studies program is an accredited three-year Master’s Degree program with three terms per year (fall, spring, and summer). New students begin in the fall term only. Classes are held one evening and two full days during the week for the first two years, with the schedule changing slightly during the clinical internship.
To Complete Full Time
To Complete Full Time
Five Element Acupuncture & TRADITIONAL CHINESE Medicine
The clinical internship is one of the most important and unique parts of our program because it provides students with a place to immediately put acupuncture training into practice. Students spend the final four terms of our program completing a clinical internship where they have the opportunity to treat patients under the supervision of experienced acupuncture faculty members. The first two terms in our clinic are focused on implementing the 5 Elements of Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine treatment plans. During the final two terms, our students focus on developing their own identity as acupuncturists and have the freedom to craft their own treatment regimens with guidance from our faculty. This experience gives graduates the confidence they need to effectively treat patients in their own practice.
Ready to learn more?
Complete the form to be connected with an admissions counselor.
Tour The Won Institute of Graduate Studies
See our classrooms, meditation hall, and clinics.
10-Day Study Abroad In South Korea
The Won Institute offers second and third year acupuncture students the opportunity to study abroad in South Korea! For 10 Days our students will have the ability to learn more about Traditional Korean Medicine and Culture!
- What and where is the opportunity? A ten day study abroad trip to Wonkwang University in Iksan, South Korea.
- Who is eligible? Any second or third year student who is in good academic standing and has a valid passport with no travel limitations. All didactic and clinical requirements for the summer term must be completed prior to the trip.
- When is the trip? Ten days during each summer term.
- How are students selected? From the group of interested eligible students, ten names are chosen randomly and anonymously by the Academic Dean each year during the Spring term.
- What will be studied? Traditional Korean Medicine (TKM) including acupuncture and herbs. Study will include time in the classroom and hospital. Sight seeing and cultural events may also be part of the trip.
- What will be provided on the trip? Room, board, meals and tuition expenses. Airfare is NOT covered and is the responsibility of each student. We also recommend bringing $400-$500 for spending money and sightseeing trip