ACADEMIC Degree Programs
Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track
Awarded 7 Year ACAHM Accreditation
Limited spots remaining for Fall 2023.
Now accepting applications for Spring 2024 enrollment
Salus University Partnership
Won Institute of Graduate Studies is proud to collaborate with Salus University, providing our DAc students the option to participate in a comprehensive clinical experience in the Occupational Therapy and Speech- Language Pathology Institutes at Salus. Both institutions are committed to providing an exceptional learning experience that will prepare our doctoral students for success when collaborating with western biomedical practitioners.
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies’ Doctor of Acupuncture program is the only DAc program that offers an emphasis on teaching experience as part of its curriculum. Students are offered paid teaching assistantships, where they can assist in the classroom and gain valuable experience as graduate-level educators. This one-of-a-kind opportunity provides students with the skills and experience they need to become top instructors in the field of acupuncture and Herbal medicine.
94% of our alumni feel the Doctor of Acupuncture Program prepared them to be a leader in the acupuncture field.
Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track Overview
As a regionally accredited institution, the Won Institute is proud to offer the first 98% online, 100% asynchronous (completed on your own time schedule) online transitional Doctor of Acupuncture Program in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track is for Master’s-level acupuncture program graduates who are interested in elevating their career, and achieving degree parity with other doctorally prepared healthcare providers.
It is designed for those seeking to expand their western diagnostic skills, to become leaders in healthcare, to grow scientific writing skills, and professionally engage the rapidly changing American healthcare system.
Won Institute of Graduate Studies’ Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (ACAHM). ACAHM is the accrediting agency for acupuncture programs in the United States. You can view our official accreditation status on ACAHM’s directory. Additionally, our school is regionally accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
View our full accreditation details on our Consumer Information page.
To join the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track, you must complete prerequisites and corequisites to ensure your current knowledge and training prepare you for the program’s coursework. Before you apply, ensure you have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education recognized institution or international equivalent.
- A master’s degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine or a graduate of an ACAHM-accredited master of acupuncture program.
You’ll also need to complete three-credit chemistry, biology, and psychology courses. The classes can occur synchronously with the other program courses if you’re unable to receive credits before the start of the program. Our Biochemistry of Plants course satisfies credits for Biology or Chemistry.
View our full requirements on our Admissions Requirements page.
The online transitional Doctor of acupuncture program is one year long with three terms. To learn more view our full program curriculum.
Won Institute of Graduate Studies has a team of exceptional faculty members who are committed to teaching and helping students achieve their goals. Get to know our faculty and learn more about their backgrounds.
The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track consists of a one-year professional program offered in a 99% asynchronous, online format. The program consists of eight courses and a community-based clinical experience. The program, which is designed to be completed in one year, provides 390 hours of doctoral-level coursework completed over the course of three semesters. Each semester, depending upon the course load, requires approximately 90-150 hours of participation, averaging 9-10 hours a week of contact time, in addition to study and preparation
- 10 Steps to Become a Doctor of Acupuncture
- How to Become an Acupuncturist
- The Benefits of Getting an Acupuncture Degree
- How Much Can I Make As An Acupuncturist?
- How to Transform from Master to Doctor of Acupuncture In 8 Steps
- The Top 4 Reasons to Become a Doctor of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Points: Charts and Meanings
- Acupuncture for Fertility: Can it Help with Pregnancy?
- Acupuncture for Whole-Body Pain Relief
- Which Acupuncture Technique is Right for You?
- Acupuncture for Stress and Weight Loss
- The Benefits of Acupuncture: Learn About Its Healing Power
- What is Dry Needling?
At the Won Institute, we understand that tuition and fees can be a major financial investment. Learn more information about tuition and fees, and our financial resources including scholarship opportunities.
Won Institute of Graduate Studies prepares students with the knowledge and skills they need to be expert acupuncturists and leaders in the industry. When you become a part of the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track, you can feel assured that the education you receive helps you provide better outcomes for patients. At Won Institute, we offer:
- Flexible, hybrid programs that combine online and in-person learning opportunities
- A comprehensive education in Five Element Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Advanced doctoral-level training that allows increased opportunities for research, teaching, and clinical practice
- Coursework in mindfulness and meditation
- Diverse and highly regarded staff and faculty
- Regional accreditation from Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Study abroad opportunity in South Korea
Apply to Won Institute of Graduate Studies Today
Earn your Doctor of Acupuncture degree online and on your own time each week when you join the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track at Won Institute. Apply to the program today to begin your journey.
Ready to learn more?
Complete the form to be connected with an admissions counselor.