ACADEMIC Degree Programs
Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track
Discover the Won Institute
Complete our online D.Ac. program
Become a leader in the field of acupuncture
Online Transitional Doctor of Acupuncture Program
The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track awards a Doctor of Acupuncture (D.Ac) degree upon completion of the program. The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track is for Master’s-trained and licensed acupuncture practitioners who are interested in elevating their career and achieving degree parity with other doctorally prepared healthcare providers.
Curriculum & Tuition
The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track consists of a one-year professional program that is offered in a 99% asynchronous, online format. The program consists of eight courses equaling 24 credits and a community based clinical experience. The program, which is designed to be completed in one year, provides 390 hours of doctoral level course work completed over the course of three semesters. Each semester, depending upon the course load, requires approximately 90-150 hours of participation, averaging 9-10 hours a week of contact time, in addition to study and preparation.
Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track
Our Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track helps licensed acupuncturists and Master’s level Acupuncture Program graduates receive further education to become a leader in the industry while providing improved patient services.
Why pursue a Doctor of Acupuncture degree?
The Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track is designed for acupuncturists seeking to expand their clinical relationships, improve patient outcomes, and professionally engage the rapidly changing American healthcare system. As a regionally accredited institution, the Won Institute is proud to offer the first online, largely asynchronous (completed on your own time schedule) online transitional doctorate in acupuncture in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies maintains institutional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. We are currently working toward obtaining accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (ACAHM) for the Doctor of Acupuncture Program.
To join the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track, you must complete prerequisites and corequisites to ensure your current knowledge and training prepare you for the program’s coursework. Before you apply, ensure you have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education recognized institution or international equivalent.
- A master’s degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine or a graduate of an ACAHM accredited master of acupuncture program.
You’ll also need to complete three-credit chemistry, biology, and psychology courses. The classes can occur synchronously with the other program courses if you’re unable to receive credits before the start of the program. Our Biochemistry of Plants course satisfies credits for Biology or Chemistry.
The online transitional doctorate acupuncture program is year-long with three terms. Students will learn about leadership in integrative medicine and engage in research that focuses on acupuncture and its contribution to holistic medicine throughout the program. The classes students take each term prepare them for a fulfilling career in acupuncture.
You can receive your Doctor of Acupuncture degree online through our transitional program. The classes are all online and asynchronous so students have flexibility in completing the program on their time. Won Institute of Graduate Studies also has other Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine online programs to help aspiring acupuncturists and holistic enthusiasts learn more about their field.
In addition to the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track, Won Institute of Graduate Studies offers similar programs to help students further their education in acupuncture.
- Master of Acupuncture: Our three-year master’s program ensures students receive a comprehensive education in Chinese medical theory and acupuncture.
- Doctorate of Acupuncture: If you’re on track to receive a doctorate for acupuncture, you can complete our four-year program. The Doctor of Acupuncture Program prepares students with rigorous academic instruction and clinical experience so they can become excellent licensed acupuncturists.
You can earn a doctorate of acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Won Institute. The comprehensive education we provide students ensures they understand how practicing Chinese medicine and acupuncture can give holistic remedies for many health conditions. You’ll enrich your knowledge about the practices, allowing you to offer improved outcomes for patients.
Won Institute of Graduate Studies prepares students with the knowledge and skills they need to be expert acupuncturists and leaders in the industry. When you become a part of the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track, you can feel assured that the education you receive helps you provide better outcomes for patients. At Won Institute, we offer:
- Flexible, hybrid programs that combine online and in-person learning opportunities
- A comprehensive education in Five Element Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Advanced doctoral-level training that allows increased opportunities for research, teaching, and clinical practice
- Coursework in mindfulness and meditation
- Diverse and highly regarded staff and faculty
- Regional accreditation from Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Study abroad opportunity in South Korea
- 10 Steps to Become a Doctor of Acupuncture
- How to Become an Acupuncturist
- The Benefits of Getting an Acupuncture Degree
- How Much Can I Make As An Acupuncturist?
- How to Transform from Master to Doctor of Acupuncture In 8 Steps
- The Top 4 Reasons to Become a Doctor of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Points: Charts and Meanings
- Acupuncture for Fertility: Can it Help with Pregnancy?
- Acupuncture for Whole-Body Pain Relief
- Which Acupuncture Technique is Right for You?
- Acupuncture for Stress and Weight Loss
- The Benefits of Acupuncture: Learn About Its Healing Power
- What is Dry Needling?
Apply to Won Institute of Graduate Studies Today
Ready to learn more?
Complete the form to be connected with an admissions counselor.