We are pleased to announce that the Institute is participating in the CARES funding from the Department of Education.
These are limited funds available in the form of a grant that does not need to be paid back. As a small specialized school, the Institute has a very small share of the overall funds to distribute ($9,417).
The stipulations from the Department of Education for applying for these funds are:
• Applicants must have been enrolled during the spring 2020 semester
• Applicants cannot be attending wholly online programs (DAc students are not eligible)
• Priority should be given to those most in need
• Please note that per Department of Education requirements, International Students and DACA students are not eligible to apply for these funds.
• While funds are disbursed through the Financial Aid system, you do not need to be a financial aid student to apply for this grant. If you are receiving federal financial aid, this disbursement will not add to your loan – it does not need to be repaid. It also will not change your cost of attendance calculation.
• The Institute cannot use these funds to pay for tuition or fees due. The entire award will go to you in the form of a check.
If you are interested in applying for these funds, please complete the below questionnaire:
Applications are DUE JUNE 12th. Notification of award will be June 19th; checks will follow by June 25th.