Won Instituute of graduate studies Clinics
Go To Them Clinics
Acupuncture Clinics For People With Addictions, Stress & Trauma
About Our Program
The Go To Them Project provides acupuncture services to medical, recovery centers, and veterans programs in Philadelphia and Bucks County.
- Over 2000+ NADA treatments provided.
- Partnered with the Office of Addictions Services to provide services since 2018.
- Provide acupuncture and auricular point acupressure treatment to community members, staff, and healthcare providers
- All treatments provided by Pennsylvania State Licensed Acupuncturists who are Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists and students under their supervision.
What is the National Acupuncture Detoxification Protocol (NADA)
- NADA involves the placement of up to five small, sterilized disposable needles into specific sites on each ear.
- Recipients sit quietly in a group for 15-30 minutes or more to allow the treatment to take effect.
- Benefits of NADA include: reduced cravings for addictive substances, minimized withdrawal symptoms, relief from stress and emotional trauma, deceased pain, improved sleep and mood, increased inner resilience and calm.
- May decrease the side effects of Medically Assisted Treatment.
- NADA is evidence based. A wide variety of clinical trials found strong evidence that the NADA protocol is effective for improving patient outcomes in terms of program retention, reduction of cravings, anxiety, sleep disturbance and need for pharmaceuticals.
Studies link acupuncture to the production of endogenous opiate peptides.
Why This Program is Essential
There is extreme need for relief of symptoms of addiction, stress, PTSD, anxiety, depression and chronic pain in the homeless, economically challenged, disabled veterans and disabled populations of Philadelphia. Bringing acupuncture to community and recovery centers is a solution that provides relief and transforms lives.
How This Program Works
Acupuncture has a proven history of easing and abating symptoms of PTSD; assisting in recovery efforts; eliminating pain; and providing both physical and mental relief from stress.
Treatments are provided by Pennsylvania licensed acupuncturists with Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (ADS) training who also supervise acupuncture interns rotating through the Go To Them Clinics.
Stephen Klein Wellness Center
Philadelphia Veterans Multi-Service Center
Pro-Act (North Philadelphia)
2144 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121
1200 Veteran Hwy, Bristol PA 19007
213-217 N. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
1701 W Lehigh Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19132
Wed. 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Wed. 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Fri. 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fri. 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Doreen F. Lafferty MAc, Dipl. Ac., LAc, OTR/L, LMT), Director of Clinical Education and Service
Doreen Lafferty, the Director of Clinical Education and Services, is a graduate of the Won Institute where she received her Master’s in Acupuncture and Certificate of Chinese Herbal Medicine. She is an Acudetox Specialist (ADS), trained by the National Acudetox Association. She is also a licensed Occupational Therapist and Massage Therapist.
Vito Leva M.S.A. , L.Ac.
Vito is a board licensed acupuncturist with an interest in bridging the practices and theories of Eastern and Western beliefs on health and wellbeing. Vito began his course of study at Temple University with a focus on Kinesiology, and received his Masters of Science from the prestigious Tri-State College of Acupuncture in NYC. With an incredibly patient and kind approach to his treatments, Vito is dedicated to helping people improve their health by applying a wide range of techniques such as Tui Na, which is a form of Chinese medical massage, Cupping, Gua-sha and acupuncture.