Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education-related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational, admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
The Won Institute is the only regionally accredited Buddhist institution of higher learning on the Eastern Seaboard and one of only six institutions nationwide which is accredited by both a regional accreditor (in this case the Middle States Commission on Higher Education) and the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). The Won Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies in Glenside, Pennsylvania, seeks a Library Assistant to staff the Institute Library 35 hours monthly (some late weekday afternoons, some early weekday evenings, and one weekend monthly).
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies, Glenside, Pennsylvania.
Library Assistant / Clerical
Minimum of a baccalaureate degree and some demonstrable prior experience working or volunteering in a school or university library; ability to read, interpret, and write at a level of proficiency suitable to serve effectively in a graduate environment; ability to alphabetize and put Library of Congress numbers in order; good oral communication skills; friendly, pleasant demeanor; strong basic decision-making skills; commitment to service in a mission-based and accredited institution of higher education.
The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position. It is not an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Specific Job Functions
- Instruct patrons (students, faculty, staff and the public) in the use of reference sources and automated systems
- Open and close the Library during specified hours and secure Library equipment, such as computers and audiovisual equipment
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, and digital materials
- Answer routine questions and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to the Institute Librarian
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued and returned
- Perform clerical activities such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, word processing, photocopying and mailing out materials
- Process new materials including books, periodicals, audio-visual materials and software
- Take action to deal with disruptive or problem patrons
- Manage reserve materials by placing items on reserve for library patrons, checking items in and out of the library, and removing outdated items
DOL/BLS Designation: 43-4121
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 hourly
Reporting: Academic Dean
Hours needed: 35 hours monthly during some late weekday afternoons, some
early weekday evenings and one weekend monthly
Please send a current résumé, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com. Please submit application materials by close of business on Friday, July 13th.
Director, DACM Program
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies in Glenside, Pennsylvania, seeks a full-time Director of its online Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) Program, which is currently in development. The proposed starting date of the Director’s contract will be September 1 of 2018. The proposed launch date for the new program is August of 2019.
- The position requires an earned doctoral degree from an institution which is regionally accredited and/or accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
- The successful candidate will have served previously as a full-time faculty member at an ACAOM or regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Preferred candidates will have a demonstrable record of academic program development and administrative service at the chair’s level or above, as well as prior experience developing and teaching online curricula.
- Applicants should have a thoroughgoing understanding of regional and specialized accreditation processes.
Please send a current curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit application materials by no later than close of business on Friday, July 27th.