Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education-related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational, admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
The Won Institute is the only regionally accredited Buddhist institution of higher learning on the Eastern Seaboard and one of only six institutions nationwide which are accredited by both a regional accreditor (in this case the Middle States Commission on Higher Education) and the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). The Won Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies is a growing, accredited graduate school nestled in the lively suburbs of northern Philadelphia. The Won Institute is primarily known for offering specialized academic degrees at the certificate, master’s, and doctoral levels, but the Institute also has a reputation for impacting the local community through various clinics, classes, and sessions. Over the past year, the Institute has accomplished several noteworthy achievements:
- Reached enrollment capacity for the school’s premier degree offering, the Master’s of Acupuncture Studies
- Added an online doctoral program that will seat it’s first cohort in January, 2020
- Made significant and meaningful improvements to the school’s website, increasing year-over-year traffic by over 90%
- Developed plans for securing a new, nearby campus that will allow the school to educate more students and have a larger community impact.
The Institute is now looking for the right individual to lead and elevate the organization’s marketing efforts. The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all marketing and public relations activities for the Institute. The Institute values collaboration and consensus-building, and the Manager will have the opportunity to work with the President, Senior Management, Enrollment Management, and all other Institute constituencies to assess, guide, and implement marketing and community relations initiatives.
In cooperation with the President, Senior Management Team, Enrollment Management staff and other important constituencies, the Marketing Manager creates and directs implementation of an integrated, Institute-wide marketing plan focused on:
- Marketing and Public Relations: Oversees the creation of marketing materials, social media messaging and advertising campaigns to increase general visibility of the Won Institute, including providing support regarding campus relocation initiatives
- New Student Recruitment: In collaboration with the Enrollment Management Team, develops and executes marketing campaigns to support and increase enrollment.
The Marketing Manager:
- Leverages and expands the use of website and social media to enhance academic recruitment, donor engagement, fundraising initiatives and Institute events.
- Develops and executes a clear, comprehensive marketing plan for increasing awareness, visibility, and attendance for The Won Institute’s community-focused clinics.
- Monitors the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of marketing initiatives.
- Ensures all marketing and communications materials reflect the Institute’s mission, adheres to its brand, and clearly articulates the school’s voice and position in the marketplace.
- Implements applicable trends in marketing and public relations, serving as an internal resource/expert on current practices.
- Develops and monitors marketing and public relations budget in conjunction with the CFO.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer and supervises the Marketing Coordinator. The Manager will hire and supervise potential support contractors or staff as necessary, in accordance with Institute policies for engaging contractors and vendors, and for budgetary expenditures.
Education and Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, print or electronic journalism, or the equivalent
- 5+ years of a combination of marketing, communications or public relations experience
- Project management and financial skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and demands with grace and humor
- Detail-oriented, organized; anticipates and meets deadlines
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze and maintain large data sets.
- Familiarity with key digital media disciplines/tools with an understanding of integrated media campaigns and social media.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, a proven ability to interpret Google Analytics data into actionable insights, and an understanding of how search engine optimization can help the institution achieve enrollment targets.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of current branding concepts, trends and practices
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and G-Suite applications
- Strong supervisory skills and a willingness to mentor staff
This is a full-time position. Salary up to $50,000.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume to:
Marketing Search Committee at [email protected] by May 31, 2019. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2019.
Assistant or Associate Professor of Won Buddhist Studies and Mindfulness Studies
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies in Glenside, Pennsylvania seeks
The successful candidate will qualify for faculty rank at the level of assistant; have a record of demonstrably excellent teaching and; show potential for outstanding academic research.
Apply by mail to the Office of the Academic Dean, Won Institute of Graduate Studies, 137 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038 or by email