Personal Development. Professional Achievement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education-related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational, admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
The Won Institute is the only regionally accredited Buddhist institution of higher learning on the Eastern seaboard and one of only six institutions nationwide which are accredited by both a regional accreditor and the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (ACAHM). The Won Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Won Institute is a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Part Time AcS Faculty Member
Won Institute of Graduate Studies, a growing accredited graduate school in the suburbs of Philadelphia, is seeking a Part-Time AcS faculty member to join Acupuncture Studies Department for Academic Year 2023-2024 with a starting date for Summer 2023. Won Institute is primarily known for offering specialized academic degrees at the certificate, master’s, and doctoral levels, but the Institute also has a reputation for impacting the local community through various acupuncture & herbal medicine clinics, meditation and tai chi classes, continuing education, and community events.
Doctoral level preferred
NCCAOM Diplomate Preferred
Asynchronous Teaching Experience needed
Five Element Experiential Teaching Experience needed
Applicants should submit their resume to [email protected]
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification or differentiation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability.
Part-time Clinical Receptionist
Join the staff at a growing Educational Institute in Warminster, PA. The position is five to ten flexible hours per week and must be available for at least two Saturdays a month and fill in for vacations and call outs as needed. The Won Institute of Graduate Studies is a unique educational center that offers degrees in: Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Won Buddhist Studies. In addition it provides an array of programs for the public: meditation, religious studies, nutrition, health, stress reduction, and continuing education. Saturday and evenings required. All clinic receptionists must sign and abide by confidentiality agreements, HIPAA & OSHA standards. Position requires a background check. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is required.
● Answer phone for Institute and its employees, transfer calls or take messages
● Schedule appointments for various clinics
● Answer questions re: various clinic and the school
● Prepare paperwork, create patient files, and various other clerical duties
● Process payments
● Distribute flyers internally and externally to publicize events
● Occasionally serve as greeter, or registrar, at Institute events
● Integrity: highest standard of discretion, and maintaining confidentiality
● Demeanor: clear and slow speaking voice, articulate, pleasant, patient, helpful, precise
● Flexible; ability to gracefully shift from one activity to another when asked
● Good follow through; finishing tasks after interruptions
● Ability to work with several different people who may be directing individual’s activities
● Comfort working with diverse student body and staff
● Organization: high level of organization needed
● Familiarity with G-Suite, especially Google Calendar
● Comfortable with technology, learning new skills, self-tutorials
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae to clinicdirector@
Chinese Herbal Clinic Supervisor
Position: Chinese Herbal Program Clinic Supervisor
Time: Part-time; Various shifts and times; includes on-site and telehealth (as needed) presence during CHP student clinic
Reports to: Coordinates work with Clinic Director and CHP Director
Supervises: Student Clinic Interns
Must be PA L.OM. licensed and a degree in Chinese Medicine from ACAOM accredited program. In practice for 5 or more years. Previous experience teaching or supervising is preferred. Should have experience with Microsoft Office/Google applications; experience with email and Internet communications. Proficient in visual identification of Chinese medicinal herbs and their therapeutic use. Proficient knowledge of TCM patterns, diagnosis and formulas. CPR certification and PA Child Abuse Training.
- Degree in Chinese Medicine from ACAOM accredited program.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in Chinese herbal dispensaries
- Knowledge of cGMP’s
- Ability to work well independently and under supervision with a multitude of clerical tasks.
- Experience with telehealth service provision and intern supervision
Including but not limited to
- Assuring the provision of high-quality patient care
- Providing education to interns
- Measuring clinical competence of interns
- Assuring that all legal and safety guidelines are followed
- Supporting the function of the Institute Student Clinic
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae to clinicdirector@
Acupuncture Clinic Supervisor
Position: Adjunct Faculty : Clinical Supervisor
Time: As per the faculty contract
Reports to: Clinic Director
Supervises: Student Interns and Observers
- A Master’s degree in acupuncture from a school accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, or equivalent Licensed Acupuncturist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Three to five years of relevant clinical experience preferred
- Experience in the areas of responsibility, or equivalent.
- CPR and PA child abuse training
- Experience in sports/physical medicine acupuncture
Teaching experience in an ACAOM-accredited school
Clinical supervision experience in an ACAOM-accredited school
NCCAOM Diplomate in acupuncture
The clinical supervisor is responsible for patient safety and well-being for educating interns to be safe and effective practitioners of acupuncture. The clinic supervisor is also responsible for maintaining current licensure, Malpractice insurance, CPR training, and OSHA/HIPAA training as well as providing documentation of this in a timely manner.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae by February 6, 2023 to clinicdirector@