Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education-related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational, admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
The Won Institute is the only regionally accredited Buddhist institution of higher learning on the Eastern Seaboard and one of only six institutions nationwide which are accredited by both a regional accreditor (in this case the Middle States Commission on Higher Education) and the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). The Won Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Lead Clinic Reception & Administrative Support
Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Some evenings and weekends hours possible
Join the staff at a growing educational institute near Philadelphia.
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies is a unique educational center that offers degrees in: Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Won Buddhist Studies. In addition, the Institute provides an array of programs for the public: acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine clinics, meditation, religious studies, nutrition, health, stress reduction, and continuing education.
The position of Lead Clinic Reception & Administrative Support is a full-time 40-hour opportunity which provides a competitive salary and benefits (including sick and vacation days)
All clinic receptionists must sign and abide by confidentiality agreements, HIPAA & OSHA standards. Position requires a background check and a baccalaureate degree (BA or BS).
- Schedule appointments for various clinics
- Answer or field questions regarding the clinics and the Institute
- Prepare paperwork, create patient files, and perform other clerical duties
- Process clinic payments
- Answer phone for the Institute and its employees; transfer calls, or take messages
- Provide administrative support to the Dean’s Office and professional staff
- Assist with publicity
- Assist at Institute events (occasional evening / weekend)
- Manage part-time receptionists: create schedules, oversee procedures, and uphold policies
- Evaluate part-time receptionists and provide guidance on performance improvement
- High-level proficiency in English necessary for reading, writing, comprehension, and editing of all business documents including: reports, emails, policies, minutes, manuals, etc..
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to problem solve, communicate and guide patients, staff and students
- Ability to manage direct reports and to oversee and schedule staff hours
- Able to assist Dean and professional staff with academic administrative tasks including; create and work with spreadsheets, slide decks, charts, graphs, and forms.
- Integrity: highest standard of discretion, and maintaining confidentiality (per HIPAA and OsHA requirements)
- Demeanor: clear and slow speaking voice, articulate, pleasant, patient, helpful, precise
- Flexibility: ability to gracefully shift from one activity to another when asked
- Good follow through: able to return to and finish tasks after interruptions
- Ability to work with several different people who may be directing individual’s activities
- Comfortable working with diverse student body and staff
- Organization: high level of organizational skills needed
- Familiarity with G-Suite, especially Google Calendar
- Comfortable with technology and learning new skills through self-tutorials
- Trained & able to comply with FERPA & HIPAA regulations
- Active participation in various committees (clinic, beautification, etc.)
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Please describe your problem-solving skills and provide an example of a workplace problem you were able to address and resolve.
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Interested parties should send resume / cover letter to [email protected]