Personal Development. Professional Achievement.
The Won Institute Student Council is a group of students from various academic programs and program years who join on a self-selected, volunteer basis. They represent the student voice for the Won Institute student body. The student council meets every month to discuss relevant topics focused on strengthening and improving the student experience. Students plan outreach and educational opportunities for themselves, staff, faculty and community members. A student advisor is assigned to the council and they are responsible for supporting and facilitating its meetings and events.
Students interested in become student representatives are encouraged to email the Librarian at [email protected].
Student Council Bylaws
- Student council representatives must support the institutional mission statement by manifesting mindfulness, wisdom, and compassion toward peers, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Student council must practice confidentiality both within and outside of the council meetings. Any information shared within the council meeting is considered private. At no point should the information be discussed or shared outside of the meetings unless the information is permitted by the conversant, relevant, supportive, and appropriate for the Institute.
- Student council representatives should be easily accessible and available to their peers and be willing to provide support when needed.
- Student council representatives should be open and responsive to the concerns, feedback, and suggestions of other students so that students are encouraged to approach the council.
- Student council representatives should respect and support the personal, academic, and professional development of students, staff, and faculty.
- Student council representatives act as representatives for the Institute and should uphold professional and responsible behavior both inside and outside of the academic classroom.
- Student council representatives should attend meetings regularly. If a member is unable to attend a meeting, they should give notice to the council advisor.
- Student council representatives are responsible for the planning and promotion of events and activities established by the council to increase the engagement and integration of students, staff, faculty, and community when appropriate.
- Student council representatives must positively support each other and be open to council member ideas shared within the meeting.