The Won Institute of Graduate Studies’s Doctor of Acupuncture Completion Track program is designed to
support the student’s professional development in a manner that is aligned with improved patient outcomes and professional relationships. The program is to be completed in less than one year over three semesters and includes 24 credits of doctoral coursework offered 99% online in an asynchronous format.
If you already have a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture or have completed an equivalent certificate program from an ACAOM accredited school, here are the 8 steps you need to follow to become a Doctor of Acupuncture (DAc) through the Won Institute of Graduate Studies.
- Chat with Admissions: Meet with our Admissions department and register for our next online info session to learn more about our program, ask questions and more! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the admissions requirements and application deadlines.
- Apply to the Won Institute’s Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track: Submit the online application and have official copies of your transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you attended sent directly to the Won Institute.
- Interview with our DAc Program Director: After your application is reviewed by our Admissions Committee, complete a one on one admissions interview with the DAc Program Director.
- Respond to your offer of admission: After your interview, you will receive your admissions decision. If accepted, respond to your offer and pay your matriculation deposit online to confirm your enrollment. You are now officially a doctoral student in the Doctor of Acupuncture Program Completion Track!
- Finish DAC 001: Online Orientation Training: Prior to beginning the program, students will complete a tuition-free online course designed to help them succeed in their program course work.
- Take corequisites as outlined in your acceptance letter: You must complete required corequisites including Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Students can satisfy Biology or Chemistry by taking our online Biochemistry of Plants course.
- Complete the DAc Completion Track Program: Students will complete 8 courses over 3 terms in less than a year. The program also includes a community based clinical experience where students will share clinical time and observation with either licensed biomedical professionals and complementary or allied healthcare professionals of their choice.
8. Graduate with your Doctor of Acupuncture degree: Congratulations! You are receiving the highest distinction in the field of Acupuncture. With this degree, you will increase trustworthiness and credibility with your patients. DAcs can also teach at the doctoral level, participate in research studies, and have their work published.