Promotes, maintains, and restores health by diagnosing, preventing, or treating disease based on Oriental medical concepts, including inserting acupuncture needles, applying manual, thermal, or electrical stimulation.
- Assesses client condition by taking client history; conducting physical examinations, tests, and interviews; observing client; interpreting findings.
- Prepares treatment plans by diagnosing problems and causes; analyzing treatment options based on the meridian system, special and extra loci, and auriculotherapy; determining appropriate treatments to achieve balance; obtaining consents.
- Administers treatments by preparing clients; taking precautions; applying needling techniques, electroacupuncture, and acupressure; responding to contraindications of points and emergencies; providing post-treatment instructions, including breathing techniques, exercise, and herbal medications.
- Effects of treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating client’s progress; making adjustments and modifications.
- Documents client services by charting in records.
- Maintains client confidence and protects organization reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean treatment environment by sterilizing and maintaining needles; assuring a sterile field; complying with procedures, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Customer Focus, Customer Service, Physiological Knowledge, Job Knowledge, Discretion, Professionalism, Analyzing Information , Listening, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Bedside Manner