Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs,and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational,admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
Director of Marketing and Development
The Won Institute, an accredited specialized graduate school in the Philadelphia suburbs is seeking a Director of Marketing and Development. This is a newly created position for the Institute stemming from recent strategic planning processes. The Director would be responsible consolidate all marketing and development activities for the Institute. The Institute values collaboration and consensus-building and the Director will work with the Board, the President, Senior Management, Enrollment Management, and all other Institute constituencies to assess, guide, and implement marketing and development activities.
In cooperation with the Board, President, Senior Management Team, Enrollment Management staff and other important constituencies, creates and directs implementation of a new integrated Institute-wide development plan focused on:
- The Director is staff to the Board Fundraising Committee and in cooperation with the Committee, prepares and executes detailed plans to solicit U.S. donors and manage donor data, including establishing fundraising benchmarks. Knowledge of major gifts; annual appeals; estate planning; planned gifts; in-kind donations, gratitude gifts; as well as alumni solicitation and strategy is required.
- Public Relations and Marketing. Oversees the creation of marketing materials, social media messaging and advertising campaigns to increase visibility of Won Institute.
- In collaboration with the Enrollment Management Team, develops and executes marketing campaigns to support and improve enrollment.
- Leverages and expands the use of website and social media to enhance recruitment, donor engagement and fundraising initiatives
- Monitors the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of marketing and development initiatives
- Ensures all marketing and communications materials reflect the Institute’s mission and advance its brand in a consistent, coherent manner.
- Implements applicable trends in fundraising, marketing and public relations, serving as an internal resource/expert on current practices.
The Director will hire and supervise potential support contractors or staff in the areas of grant management/writing, event planning, and other areas as necessary.
The Director supervises the Marketing Coordinator and the Development Intern in his role with American-based donors and fundraising (approximately 50% of his time; the remaining 50% is spent on Korea-based fundraising).
Education and Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, print or electronic journalism, or the equivalent
- 5+ years of a combination of fundraising, marketing, communications or public relations experience
- Project management and financial skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and demands
- Familiarity with key digital media disciplines/tools with an understanding of integrated media campaigns and social media
- Donor cultivation and tracking experience; donor management software experience preferred
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of current branding concepts, trends and practices
- Knowledge of independent school or non-profit a plus as well as CFRE a plus but not required
This position reports to Chief Finance Officer. Salary up to $70,000.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: Development Search Committee at email@example.com by November 15, 2016. Anticipated start date is January 3, 2017.
Professional Acupuncture Clinic Clinician
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies in Glenside, Pennsylvania is seeking a recently graduated Acupuncture clinician to join our Professional Acupuncture Clinic. The ideal candidate will be recently graduated or have 1-2 years of clinical experience in acupuncture including TCM and Five Element Acupuncture styles. Experience in other styles such as Acupuncture Physical Medicine, Dr. Tan, Japanese, or Korean Sa Am and Community Acupuncture styles is preferred. Flexible schedule. Contract position.
The mission of our Professional Acupuncture Clinic is to provide safe, effective, efficient and compassionate individual and community style acupuncture to the public and Won Institute of Graduate Studies staff, students and faculty.
Qualification and Skills:
- Master of Acupuncture
- Current Pennsylvania License in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (L.Ac.)
- NCCAOM certified Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Current Acupuncture Malpractice Insurance
- Clinical Experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Clinical Experience in Five Element Acupuncture Tradition
- New graduate or 1-2 years of clinical experience providing acupuncture services in Acupuncture clinic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively patients, faculty, staff and students
- Ease with verbal, written, and technological communications
- Computer and online technology skills
- Dedication and commitment to providing effective, efficient, compassionate healthcare services to the public, staff, faculty, and students
- Off-campus professional activities will be such as to not interfere with the quality and intensity of your responsibilities at the Professional Acupuncture Clinic
- Provide acupuncture services
- Complete in full and sign all required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Change linens after each patient in compliance with OSHA regulations
- At the end of the shift clean treatment rooms, fill empty containers,
- Bring soiled linen in a bag to the closet in the student clinic leave clean sheets folded in a pile on top of the treatment table
- Notify clinic director by email when supplies need to be ordered
- Attend the yearly OSHA training provided by the Won Institute
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures established for the Faculty Clinic for all paper, electronic, and oral communications regarding your patients and attend the yearly Employee HIPPA/Privacy Awareness training provided by the Won Institute
- Fulfill all requirements necessary to maintain and renew your Pennsylvania Acupuncture License and NCCAOM certification(s).
- Provide a current copy of your PA L.Ac. License for display in the Faculty Clinic at all times.
- Check your Google calendar for a list of scheduled patients. If you have an illness or emergency on the day you are scheduled for treatments, then you agree to immediately notify the Won Institute receptionist (215 884 8942) as well as notifying the Clinic Director (215 720 4803) The receptionist will notify and reschedule patients.
- Regularly participate in continuing education, professional development
- Participate in community Institute events and recruitment activities
To Apply: Please send cover letter to:
Doreen Lafferty L.Ac.
Director of Clinical Education and Services
Won Institute of Graduate Studies
137 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038