In Won Buddhism, we often begin prayers and ceremonies with the following phrase: “May Heaven and Earth watch over us. May parents watch over us. May fellow beings respond to us. May laws respond to us.” What does this mean? These are known as the Fourfold Grace, representing all that supports our survival, the web of interdependence in which we exist. It is the realization of the Fourfold Grace in our lives that can teach us humility, show us the intrinsic interconnectedness of life, and give us a model for our practice. This practice is one of the most important in Won Buddhism; once you start to explore this concept, you will understand why.
- Won Institute of Graduate Studies Welcomes New Chinese Medicine Herbal Certificate Program (CHP) Director, Carol A. Goldman, DACM, NCCAOM Diplomate, L. Ac., MS
- Won Institute Awards Alexa Kourafas the Janice Mackenzie Scholarship
- Not In My Marine Corps Supports Passage of the 2022 NDAA
- President Emeritus Dr. Yoon Suk Koh’s Memoriam
- Colleen O’ Connell Memoriam