Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs,and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational,admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.
Professional Acupuncture Clinic Clinician
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies in Glenside, Pennsylvania is seeking a recently graduated Acupuncture clinician to join our Professional Acupuncture Clinic. The ideal candidate will be recently graduated or have 1-2 years of clinical experience in acupuncture including TCM and Five Element Acupuncture styles. Experience in other styles such as Acupuncture Physical Medicine, Dr. Tan, Japanese, or Korean Sa Am and Community Acupuncture styles is preferred. Flexible schedule. Contract position.
The mission of our Professional Acupuncture Clinic is to provide safe, effective, efficient and compassionate individual and community style acupuncture to the public and Won Institute of Graduate Studies staff, students and faculty.
Qualification and Skills:
- Master of Acupuncture
- Current Pennsylvania License in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (L.Ac.)
- NCCAOM certified Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Current Acupuncture Malpractice Insurance
- Clinical Experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Clinical Experience in Five Element Acupuncture Tradition
- New graduate or 1-2 years of clinical experience providing acupuncture services in Acupuncture clinic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively patients, faculty, staff and students
- Ease with verbal, written, and technological communications
- Computer and online technology skills
- Dedication and commitment to providing effective, efficient, compassionate healthcare services to the public, staff, faculty, and students
- Off-campus professional activities will be such as to not interfere with the quality and intensity of your responsibilities at the Professional Acupuncture Clinic
- Provide acupuncture services
- Complete in full and sign all required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Change linens after each patient in compliance with OSHA regulations
- At the end of the shift clean treatment rooms, fill empty containers,
- Bring soiled linen in a bag to the closet in the student clinic leave clean sheets folded in a pile on top of the treatment table
- Notify clinic director by email when supplies need to be ordered
- Attend the yearly OSHA training provided by the Won Institute
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures established for the Faculty Clinic for all paper, electronic, and oral communications regarding your patients and attend the yearly Employee HIPPA/Privacy Awareness training provided by the Won Institute
- Fulfill all requirements necessary to maintain and renew your Pennsylvania Acupuncture License and NCCAOM certification(s).
- Provide a current copy of your PA L.Ac. License for display in the Faculty Clinic at all times.
- Check your Google calendar for a list of scheduled patients. If you have an illness or emergency on the day you are scheduled for treatments, then you agree to immediately notify the Won Institute receptionist (215 884 8942) as well as notifying the Clinic Director (215 720 4803) The receptionist will notify and reschedule patients.
- Regularly participate in continuing education, professional development
- Participate in community Institute events and recruitment activities
To Apply: Please send cover letter to:
Doreen Lafferty L.Ac.
Director of Clinical Education and Services
Won Institute of Graduate Studies
137 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038
Assistant to the President and Senior Management Team
Primary duty is to assist the president as required, and secondarily to assist the Senior Management Team. For the President: Duties include assistance with Institute management, written correspondence, participation and representation at public events, data management, and research. Assist in approving letters/documents originating in other departments for president’s signature. Serve as representative for the president and as liaison with committees and departments as directed. Work with donors in conjunction with the Director of Development and work with visitors as required.
For the Senior Management Team: Duties include data archival and management; assistance with research; support for data collection, editing, updating and organization of Institute manuals.
- Draft correspondence, columns, reports, and other documents on behalf of president; and summarize information for president’s
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading correspondence, and other material as requested by the
- Coordinate and manage president’s data storage system.
- Research, using external and internal sources, the information and statistics needed by the president for external communications; coordinate this material with the Director of Development as well.
- Work with Director of Development and Marketing to handle correspondence and phone calls with donors, speakers, visitors, etc., only as directed.
- Compose event itineraries, and occasional meeting agendas, in conjunction with other campus offices as
- Take meeting minutes or perform additional duties as the president may assign.
- Provide support for SMT on data management and archival data.
- Provide support for SMT on updating, editing, organizing Institute manuals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meet deadlines and be able to handle multiple tasks
- Maintain complete confidentiality with all information.
- Must be a self-starter, be willing to take the initiative, and be capable of working with limited supervision.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good command of English grammar, style, and punctuation
- Possess analytical skills, sound judgement, and maturity within a fast-paced environment.
- Possess good organizational skills; have knowledge of Google educational system and storage management capabilities.
- Possess knowledge of Won Institute mission, philosophy, organizational structure, and issues.
Education and Experience:
This position requires the minimum of a bachelor’s degree and experience in such areas as higher education administration, fundraising, writing, or public relations, as it fulfills the needs of the Institute.
15 hours per week; Monday – Friday mostly during the day with some evenings or weekends as needed
Paid monthly or bimonthly, $20 hr.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of interest and CV