Facial Rejuvenation with Virginia Doran
Early on, the Chinese discovered and utilized ways to change the energy flow within the body to initiate the healing process for rejuvenation. They knew that many meridians either begin or end on the face and some have internal branches that go to the face.
Treating the underlying cause of why someone is aging is preferable to masking the symptoms and allowing further decay and dysfunction to continue within the body. Addressing the root of your patient’s condition and restoring her or his health is also an excellent way to build and increase your practice. After a successful treatment series, your patients will return for periodic facial rejuvenation booster sessions as well as regular acupuncture treatments for any other conditions that might arise in the future. In addition, this is an excellent opportunity for you to educate and expose your patients to traditional eastern medicine and other holistic methods of healing.
About the Workshop
20 CEU’s/PDA’s for NCCAOM recertification available. This course is approved by the American Acupuncture Council’s malpractice insurance requirement to practice facial cosmetic acupuncture with their insurance.
Note: To allow for ample clinical supervision, the class size is limited to 30 participants. Early registration is highly recommended and probably necessary since most workshops fill up way in advance.
Prerequisite: This workshop requires needling all weekend long and it is open only to Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.), Licensed Practitioner of Oriental Medicine (L.OM.) Practitioners in PA and Won Institute students enrolled in Acupuncture Degree Studies (AcS) at the clinical level of training.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to customize facial rejuvenation treatments based on Chinese & Japanese acupuncture.
- How to assess which meridians are involved in the various ways that individuals physically manifest the aging process.
- How to identify and implement point selection and needle technique for conditions such as:
- Age spots
- Sagging skin
- Dry skin
- Double chins
- Bags & dark circles under the eyes
- How to apply Virginia Doran’s Integrated Deep Muscle Therapy (IDMT) techniques for preserving youthful appearance and combating signs of aging on the face.