Certificate in Buddhist Pastoral Care
Courses start May 1, 2017
Retreats are scheduled for: June 16-25 2017 and August 11-20 2017
Contact an Admissions Counselor Tuition and Fee Information Meet our Staff
Students both within and beyond the Greater Philadelphia area can take advantage of this 6-month, 18-credit low-residence program. Certificate students attend two intensive 9-day Study-Retreat sessions run by the Institute, once in June and once in August. The two intensive Study-Retreats take place entirely at Cranaleith Spiritual Center in Philadelphia. Students are required to stay overnight in the center even if they are from the Philadelphia area.
Experienced Pastoral care Faculty, Exceptional Education
Our Certificate in Buddhist Pastoral Care program is instructed by Won Buddhist ministers and faculty with Buddhist backgrounds who all share the commitment of creating an environment or teaching dharma or a practice such as yoga or meditation.
Students will acquire the following learning outcomes:
• Students will acquire foundational understanding and skills in Pastoral Care
• Students will show competency in an array of contemplative practices such as meditation, reflection and others
• Students will demonstrate basic skills and knowledge in working with individuals, families and caregivers in the context of diverse systems
• Students will apply a diversity framework, including religious diversity to their pastoral care work
• Students will integrate an understanding of ethics and of societal trends and issues in their work with individuals, families and systems.
Please note that as a new program, there is no prior financial aid data available.
Job prospects and Salaries
Chaplains are classified as part of clergy in the SOC
Employment RSE: 2.3%
Mean annual wage: $48,150
Wage RSE: 0.9%
This is a new program starting in June 2017 and therefore no prior financial aid information is available.