Chinese Herbal Medicine Director
The Chinese Herb Program Director will design, implement and manage Won Institute’s Chinese Herbal Certificate Program (CHP) in accordance with the accreditation requirements of ACAOM and MSCHE, and PDE.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, or equivalent
- NCCAOM-certified Diplomate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Current Pennsylvania license in Oriental Medicine or license-eligible if relocating from another state
- At least three years of teaching experience in Acupuncture and Oriental medicine, in particular Chinese herbology
- At least 5 years professional experience as an Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine practitioner
- ACAOM accreditation experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with both student, faculty, and academic administrative population
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer and technological applications
- Dedication and commitment to the values of higher education and learning
- Serves as Chinese Herb Program Director
- Supervises the work of the CHP faculty, herbal dispensary manager, and AcS/CHP admin assist.
- Serves as instructor, mentor, and advisor to students in the CHP
- Designs and implements curriculum for CHP
- Designs and implements didactic and clinical herbal program
- Creates necessary documents and documentation in accordance with accreditation requirements
- Recruits, retains, evaluates, and advises faculty for CHP
- Assists in student recruitment and retention, lead CHP open houses, answer prospective student questions.
The librarian oversees and staffs the library and provides all library functions: (cataloging, collection development, circulation, etc.). S/he supervises supplemental library aides. The librarian sets library policy and serves on the Faculty Council Working Group. The librarian provides reference assistance and instruction to students in informational literacy and research techniques. This is a part time position with flexible hours to meet student needs. The librarian reports to the Academic Dean.
Directs and supervises all library functions:
- Circulation – develop and use appropriate circulation tools to ensure access to collection
- Develop and manage library budget
- Keep library affiliations with appropriate consortia
- Selects, purchases and catalogs library resource materials
- Supervises library staff and volunteers
Works closely with staff and faculty in all academic programs to support faculty research and teaching, service, and student learning:
- Serves on various committees of the Institute as needed
- Creates collection development policy in partnership with faculty and staff
- Assists Won staff, faculty, and students in using the physical collection, electronic resources and computer technologies
- Provides reference assistance and instruction to students as needed
- Conducts library orientations and information literacy sessions
Provides strategic leadership for coordination and management of library services:
- Serves as primary advocate for the library
- Responsible for library staff development and coaching
- Handles library long range planning and budgeting activities
MLS, MLIS, or MIS from an accredited college; Library collection and cataloging experience; Ability to use library software; Knowledge of Research techniques and learning resources; Ability to teach informational literacy and research techniques
Salary Range: $18-20 per hour.
Send CV to Elizabeth.Reed@woninstitute.edu
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs,and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational,admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.