PROFESSIONAL ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC CLINICIAN
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies is seeking an Acupuncture clinician to join our Professional Acupuncture Clinic. The ideal candidate will be recently graduated or have 1-2 years of clinical experience in acupuncture including TCM and Five Element Acupuncture styles. Experience in other styles such as Acupuncture Physical Medicine, Dr. Tan, Japanese, or Korean Sa Am and Community Acupuncture styles is preferred.
The Mission of our Professional Acupuncture Clinic is to provide safe, effective, efficient and compassionate individual and community style acupuncture to the public and Won Institute of Graduate Studies staff, students and faculty.
Part Time contract position. Starting Date: October 1, 2016
Qualification and Skills:
- Master of Acupuncture
- Current Pennsylvania License in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (L.Ac.)
- NCCAOM certified Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Current Acupuncture Malpractice Insurance
- Clinical Experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Clinical Experience in Five Element Acupuncture Tradition
- New graduate or 1-2 years of clinical experience providing acupuncture services in Acupuncture clinic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively patients, faculty, staff and students
- Ease with verbal, written, and technological communications
- Computer and online technology skills
- Dedication and commitment to providing effective, efficient, compassionate healthcare services to the public, staff, faculty, and students
- Off-campus professional activities will be such as to not interfere with the quality and intensity of your responsibilities at the Professional Acupuncture Clinic
Provide acupuncture services
Complete in full and sign all required paperwork in a timely fashion
Change linens after each patient in compliance with OSHA regulations
At the end of the shift clean treatment rooms, fill empty containers,
bring soiled linen in a bag to the closet in the student clinic leave clean sheets folded in a pile on top of the treatment table
Notify clinic director by email when supplies need to be ordered
Attend the yearly OSHA training provided by the Won Institute
Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures established for the Faculty Clinic for all paper, electronic, and oral communications regarding your patients and attend the yearly Employee HIPPA/Privacy Awareness training provided by the Won Institute
Fulfill all requirements necessary to maintain and renew your Pennsylvania Acupuncture License and NCCAOM certification(s).
Provide a current copy of your PA L.Ac. License for display in the Faculty Clinic at all times.
Check your Google calendar for a list of scheduled patients. If you have an illness or emergency on the day you are scheduled for treatments, then you agree to immediately notify the Won Institute receptionist (215 884 8942) as well as notifying the Clinic Director (215 720 4803) The receptionist will notify and reschedule patients.
Regularly participate in continuing education, professional development
Participate in community Institute events and recruitment activities
Email Doreen Lafferty here to apply
PART TIME AcS/CHP ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This position primarily involves providing administrative support to both the Master’s in Acupuncture Program (AcS) and Chinese Herbal Medicine Certificate Program (CHP). Flexible hours up to 10 per week at a rate of $15 per hour.
- At the direction of the CHP Director, performs administrative duties including but not limited to: updating/tracking the administrative calendar, updating/tracking AcS/CHP faculty files, producing and filing faculty contracts/PDA letters each term, tracking faculty syllabus updates/maintenance each term, organizing, disseminating, and sharing all evaluations, and miscellaneous tasks.
- Be on site for regular meetings.
- Any other duties that may be specified by the AcS Chair or CHP Director.
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years working in a higher education/administrative environment. Applicants must possess strong organizational, customer service, technology, and project management skills.
Email Jacqueline Lacava with CV and cover letter here
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies admits students of any race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veteran’s status, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs,and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, veterans status,or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies,employment policies, scholarship or loan programs, and other education related programs administered by the Institute. The Affirmative Action policy of the Won Institute is that all educational,admission and employment practices reflect the statements in the Policy of Non-Discrimination.